You’ve been involved in a car accident. Best case scenario, you’re not injured. Worst case scenario, you are. If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident it is imperative that you know your rights and what steps to take to ensure maximum compensation for your injuries. On this week’s #TuesdayTips article, the attorneys at ERA Law Group, LLC want to help those looking to recoup after suffering an injury from a car accident.
- First, get medical treatment. Don’t wait. Go to the ER, your primary care, a specialist, physical therapy, etc. There are many medical providers that will offer their services even if you don’t have insurance.
- Second, get a copy of your police report and, if there was one completed, the accident investigation report. Find out as much information about the other driver as possible including their name, insurance information, vehicle type, and the circumstances leading up to the accident.
- Third, if you’ve missed work or are now out of work because of your injuries, get documentation. Have your employer (or former employer) print out the days you’ve missed, your hourly rate, any changes or accommodations made to your employment as a result of your injuries or disability, and any other details about your employment.
- Fourth, get a disability rating. Perhaps you’ve injured your hand and are no longer able to use it, you’ll never be able to walk again, or can’t raise your arm above your head. These considerations are important in filing your claim.
- Lastly, take care of you! Hiring an attorney will help take the administrative and legal pressure from you and give you the opportunity to make sure you and your family get back on your feet.
Call the attorneys at ERA Law Group, LLC today at (443) 906-3566. Let us help you while you and your family recover!